Accredited by State Approved Institutions (FIU & MDC)
Need to Know:
• Requires a 3.00 unweighted Grade Point Average (GPA) to participate.
• To participate, you must be a rising 10th Grade student.
• Requires approval from parent/guardian, counselor and principal. The school is under no obligation to accept credit without it.
• Grades for the courses will be posted on high school transcript and begin your college transcript.
• Requires completion of all college or university admission requirements, including passing a placement test if required.
• The course is at no cost to you.
• Transportation to and from the college/university is the student's responsibility.
• Required return for all textbooks issued or else will be financially responsible to the high school.
• If you receive a C in a Dual Enrollment course, you will no longer be eligible to take any other Dual Enrollment course for the remainder of your high school career.
• CGHS will NOT APPROVE any ENGLISH course or CORE SOCIAL STUDIES course (i.e. American History, Government, and Economics).
Courses offered on Coral Gables campus:
Go to MDC’s Dual Enrollment website to learn all about dual enrollment.
Go to FIU’s Dual Enrollment website to learn all about dual enrollment.
For additional information about Florida’s Dual Enrollment Program, visit: http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/academic-student-affairs/dual-enrollment.stml